You’re moving into a new apartment, and you’re excited to start making it your own by diving into decorating. Whether this is your first apartment or your 10th, nothing beats that feeling of a blank canvas. You can pick anything you want to fill out your rooms, but one idea you should consider looking into is renting apartment furniture.
Renting furniture for an apartment offers an affordable alternative to purchasing furniture to fill out your space. You may be living in an apartment temporarily, say during college, and be reluctant to invest in furniture that won’t fit your next living space. Or perhaps you love the look of nice furniture but can’t quite afford to buy it outright on your current budget. Apartment furniture rental packages provide a way for you to get the high-quality chairs, sofas, tables and more that you desire, without breaking the bank.
Rent By Room or Package
The Advantages of Apartment Furniture Rentals
When you rent furniture, you pay a small monthly fee in exchange for furnishing your entire apartment. After you’re done with the furniture, you return it. That means you won’t be stuck paying for a table that needs to be moved to your next place, and may not even fit in with your new décor.
Furniture rental offers a slew of other benefits as well, such as:
- Appropriate sizing. Apartments generally have smaller square footage and smaller rooms than houses. Instead of buying a couch that’s too big for your apartment but would fit perfectly in a home some day, you can get furniture that matches your space now, on a short-term basis.
- Easy to move. When you rent furniture, it will be delivered right to your space, meaning no renting a vehicle to pick up an item you bought.
- Durability. You get furniture made from high-quality materials that will stand up to long-term use in your apartment. Unlike hand-me-downs or used furniture you find online, rented furniture will be in great shape when it arrives.
- Nice looking. Rented furniture is clean, stylish and attractive. Your apartment will look good for visitors but still fit within your budget.
Why Consider Apartment Furniture for Rent?
The biggest upside of furniture rental when you live in an apartment is flexibility. Apartments offer many challenges to buying furniture that houses do not. If you live on the top floor of a high-rise, or a fourth-floor walk-up, you’ll need an option that will offer assistance with delivery, and you won’t get that when you buy a piece at a warehouse and bring it home yourself. Furniture rentals are delivered directly to your home — making life easier for you.
Flexibility also means the option to trade in your furniture after a certain amount of time to suit your changing circumstances. Say your family expands, or you find new roommates, and you decide to upgrade from a two-room apartment to a three-bedroom. You will need more furniture than you had in your previous space, and renting furniture makes that transition easier.
Another benefit furniture rental provides is the ability to swap out your furniture whenever you would like. Maybe you decide you don’t like the couch you chose for your living room. It’s the wrong color or the wrong size. When you buy a piece of furniture, you’re stuck with it. But with furniture rentals, you can pick a new couch and instantly update the look of your apartment.
When Should You Rent Apartment Furniture?
Furniture rental can appeal to many apartment dwellers. Here are just a few examples of when renting furniture for your apartment is a smart solution:
- College students who go home in the summer
- Employees on assignment for work who will be in a new city for a limited amount of time
- Professional athletes who live elsewhere during the offseason
- Newlyweds who are searching for a new home
- Retirees who recently downsized
- Families building a new home who need a temporary living situation
Rent Complete Apartment Furniture Sets with IFR
IFR offers a wide range of packages to furnish an entire apartment. Those options include furniture for the living room, dining room and master bedroom, as well as a handful of extras, with the opportunity to choose your color palette as well. You can also choose to rent by the room.
Are you looking for an apartment to rent? IFR can assist you with that as well. We have experienced rental agents who can help you through our apartment locator service, connecting you with a new place that meets all of your needs. Contact IFR today to rent furniture or to look for your new apartment.